Public speaker, lecturer and educator
Give your audience expert insight into child & teenage mental health, wellbeing, neurodiversity, neuroscience & family relationships.
Lecturing, consulting & educating
I have devoted my adult life to understanding what young people need to thrive and I’m keen to pass it on. Hire me to deliver meaningful & engaging lectures packed full of value for your audience.
- Your opportunity to get expert advice in specialist areas covering child mental health, teenager mental health and neurodiversity.
- Trust in me as an experienced and confident public speaker who loves to inject humour and warmth into the room, while educating and passing on my knowledge.
From inspiring stories to practical tips, I adapt my content to suit your goals – as an organisation, business or event.
“Bettina was really attentive to our needs and what we wanted to get out of the session. A very easy atmosphere and encouraged us to talk and contribute. Super thought-provoking talk. I would have liked the session to be even longer!”
“Enjoyed the very clear and positive style of the presenter and how she made a wealth of knowledge accessible. Lots of things to take forward in real life!“
Below are some lectures and workshops where you can hear me speak:
Understanding the Teenage Brain – REC parenting masterclass
The Executive Functions at home – REC parenting masterclass
Feels Like Teen Spirit: Adolescent conference
Be Well, Learn Well Charter – Cognita Schools
Topics I cover
How to support kids to both be well & do well
The incredible teenage brain (for teachers, parents & organisations)
How to support your anxious child
Strengthening executive functions at home
Should we stress about stress?
Raising confident & resilient teenagers
A parents guide to supporting healthy friendships in their child
Neurodiversity in the classroom
Helping struggling kids become unstuck
Rekindling your child’s motivation
ADHD (Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) the superpower
• talks • workshops • lectures • guest speaker • consultations •
I always think that true genius is when someone can take complex knowledge of an area and ‘translate’ it in a way that is comprehensible to people with only a vague knowledge of the subject. Bettina did just that and it was inspiring.
What it looks like working with me
- I’m a confident public speaker – and although what I do is rooted in the science, I love to make your audience feel relaxed, welcomed and at ease with the information I share.
- I can adapt my tone and approach to your audience. For instance, I know that parents need to hear different things from teachers – and that’s always okay.
- I am a passionate educator – and enjoy breaking down the ‘science’ of child & teen psychology, so parents and other supporting adults can easily access the knowledge to support and strengthen their relationships.
- My audience is usually the adults – parents, teachers, professionals – who are supporting young people. I offer adults a safe place to share and learn so they can do the same for the young people in their care.
- I have over 20 years of clinical experience – in the NHS, Great Ormond Street, universities & more.